Sunday, February 18, 2007

Not So Dunkalicious....


I don't know about you but I was not impressed with last night's NBA dunk competition. In fact it was more amusing watching Charles Barkley race sixty-seven year old referee Dick Bavetta. The dunk contest use to be one of the most exciting competitions in all of sports. After last night I was convinced that the format of the dunk contest needs to be changed so that no player can attempt a dunk more than three times. I almost feel asleep before Nate Robinson finally threw one down on his tenth attempt in the finals of the competition. I realize that the event gets tougher to reveloutionize each year, but something has to be done to bring back the excitement the competition once had.

Gerald Green ended up taking home the 2007 Slam Dunk Champion title after flying over a table and performing a windmill type jam. After receiving a perfect score of 50 on his final dunk Green said:

I've always dreamed about being in the dunk contest, [but] I never dreamed about
actually winning," said Green, who was in high school in Texas two years ago.
"Just coming out here to Las Vegas and winning it for my fans in Houston, my
fans in Boston, is tremendous."


Below is a video of Green's final dunk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sOGucH1Zg4









2 comments:

Thermocaster said...

The dunk contest was the same thing we've come to expect from the NBA in everything - anticlimactic, canned crap that only gets watched because it's the NBA. The actual All-Star game was even worse, simply because it was supposed to be better (but wasn't).

Unknown said...

quit hating on the NBA Galen.