Saturday, April 28, 2007

Retirement for Grant Hill???

Grant Hill, a 7-time all-star shooting guard for Orlando Magic, has been suffering an injured ankle for quite some time now. So what does he plan on doing in terms of playing next season?

Well, for starters, Hill, 34, signed a seven year contract with Magic in 2000 for nearly $93 million. He is now debating whether or not to retire due to his injury.
"I'm just trying to enjoy the moment, trying to stay in the present. I'm having fun," Hill said.
Hill played a meager 200 games dating back to when he initially signed his contract with the team, according to ESPN.com. He has had five surgeries on his left ankle and surgery to fix a hernia last season. In the 2003-2004 basketball season, he sat out the whole time.
"We'll see how I feel in June and July. The desire, of course, is to always play. But you don't want to live on anti-inflammatories and so forth. We'll just see, at least in my case, how I feel," Hill stated.

SI.com confirmed that Hill played the following season in 67 games but due to an injured shin, he had to sit out for the last seven games. With that said, this is the first time Hill has played through the closing games of any season with Magic.
"Right now, I feel pretty good and I'm excited to have played in my last game of the season," Hill said. "As dejected as I am and we are as a team, to be able to walk off the court is a good thing."
The Associated Press reported that Hill scored 17 points on 7-of-8 shooting in Orlando's 97-93 season-ending game. This proved to be an upset to Orlando. Hill basically just wants to go with the flow and see if he is physically fit enough for the next season citing that 83 games is a long season.
"Hopefully, I'm in the plans here. But right now, it's just about whether or not I want to play. Once I decide that, then hopefully Otis Smith (general manager) and them will have a spot for me," Hill expressed.
Hill averaged 14.4 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists in 65 games in the 2006-2007 season. When questioned on his whereabouts next season, he inferred that he would either play for Orlando Magic or not play at all.

2 comments:

mstredne said...

Yea...but Grant Hill drinks Sprite

dohenry said...

I'm surprised Hill can run, let alone play basketball after all that stuff happened with his ankle. He should retire if he's gonna be on pain killers the rest of his life.